Eric is a partner with the firm. He previously served as county attorney for the Counties of King George and Powhatan. Prior to entering local government, Eric served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Commonwealth’s Office of the Attorney General from 2004 to 2011, ultimately serving on the Attorney General’s senior staff. Prior to entering public service, Eric practiced law for a private firm in Richmond, focusing on civil litigation. Eric provides comprehensive legal services to the firm’s local government and other clients, including services related to land use and zoning, contracts and procurement, human resources and employment, legislation and public policy, real estate transactions, compliance with the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, and other areas.
- University of Richmond B.A. 1996
- University of Richmond School of Law J.D. 2002
- Local Government Attorneys of Virginia, Inc.
- Virginia State Bar
- Board of Governors, Local Government Section of the Virginia State Bar
- “Board Meeting Procedures”, Supervisors’ Forum, Virginia Association of Counties, March, 2018
- "The Environmental Impact of Hydraulic Fracturing”, The Governor’s Second Biennial Natural Resources and Energy Law Symposium 2015
- “Oil and Gas Drilling: What does it mean for Virginia localities?”, Virginia Association of Counties, Annual Conference 2014
- President (2017 – 2018), Board of Governors, Local Government Section, Virginia State Bar
- Department of Environmental Quality’s Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee
- Department of Mines, Minerals & Energy’s Regulatory Advisory Panel on Oil and Gas Regulations 2014 - 2015
- Virginia Association of Counties, Hydraulic Fracturing Work Group
- Virginia Freedom of Information Act Advisory Council 2010-2011