Representing local and regional governments in Virginia
Attorneys: Jeffrey S. Gore, Roger C. Wiley, William H. Hefty, Brendan S. Hefty
Serving Local and Regional Government in Virginia Since 1994.
The law firm of Hefty & Wiley, P.C. was founded in December 1994, when William H. Hefty and Roger C. Wiley merged their extensive legal experience representing local and regional governments in Virginia. Their combined experience in this area of practice now totals nearly 70 years.
In addition to legal services, all members of the firm are registered lobbyists in the Commonwealth. We provide legislative advice and represent our clients before the Virginia General Assembly, the Virginia Board of Corrections, and numerous other legislative and executive branch agencies.
- Land use and zoning
- Public procurement
- Employment law
- Freedom of Information Act
- Local governing bodies
- Planning commissions
- Social services departments
- Regional jail boards or authorities
- Juvenile detention commissions
- Solid waste management boards
- Local broadband authorities
- Community/economic development authorities